View Profile DuttonsaysHi

7 Movie Reviews

AWWW YEEAAH! This is freaking rad guys! aboslutely well done! Everytime I go to create music I always imagine what kind of visuals it would go with and when I made 'Go Beyond' this is exactly what I had in mind! Just flashy power fights going beyond limitation. That's exactly what you did here, well done again.

oxob3000 responds:

Glad we could make your song justice :)

You know... I was expecting him to become batman at the end.

But still great flash! was a nice reference to the nightmares that place held and to the emotional scars it gave me.

TerminalMontage responds:

Thanks! Heh you're not the only one to expect that, I heard a few people tell me this.

This is why I ALWAYS avoid these egg quests when I can.... I'll do any quest except these massive pains in the ass.

I mean if it isn't the stupid bugs it's the stupid [something]preys and if not them it's the stupid melynx

TerminalMontage responds:

Bullfangos are the worst! Or.. Pressing the wrong button when you get to the box!

7 Game Reviews

This is really great! It's no secret that this is a direct tribute to the classic mega man series or at least inspired by it.

I like how each stage has their own enemies, puzzle, traps, platforms etc. it seems a lot of creativity went into this and not much is recycled.

Also the charging hair buster is really cool, I like being able to charge through the different projectiles and use them accordingly. Like using the star to bounce off a wall to hit an unreachable turret.

However, I must agree that it is a touch too hard. I never really like admitting this about hard games but this seems almost unbeatable Dx. I mean have you been able to beat it during the play tests and such? if you have then I will eat my words xD.

But yeah, it seems this game takes a lot of trail and error and it's a little unforgiving when you only have 3 lives to start with. Even when approaching a level with caution I find my self wasting a life trying to figure out what something does (such as the bouncing ball post things over spikes).

Even when managing to clear a level after dying a tonne of times, there's never enough time to study the bosses patterns. Before I know it, the boss has wiped me and I'm at the start of the level again.

I feel there should be limitless lives or at least more ways to obtain lives (more pick-ups, higher drop rates or whatever). Only because the hardness switch on this is WAAAY up there. I don't this this would make the game any easier, just less time wasting. Just like dark souls really. It's super hard but you learn from your mistakes and you're not sent right to the beginning if you die a few times.

It's a little depressing when you spend so long plying through the twists and turns of a level just to get to the boss and not even be able to study it. By the time you reach it again you will have become rusty to the bosses patterns and then wiped out.

You should also let people know that they can skip the intro cut scene by pressing the 'esc' key xD.

So yeah, real nice work! It's an honour to have my music used in this :]. It's a very pretty game with nice art and cool mechanics. The levels are long and there's a lot of content to explore and be killed by, just the balance is a little thrown off by only having 3 lives.

Igmon responds:

Thanks for the comment! Yeah, it seems nobody enjoyed the limited lives system, so I removed it. I wasn't getting that negative feedback on other places when people played it, oddly enough. But it's still there for the 'hard' mode.

The levels and bosses are beatable even without upgrades...well now it should be much less of a hassle. But I did beat it without dying a couple times, so you can take my word on it, I promise! :P

I was hoping I did the level design such that no trial and error by dying is necessary. I'll be more mindful of that the next time.

It completely slipped my mind about the cutscene skips to only be activated via Esc, so now there's an indication, and any key press.

Not bad. The controls are a little clunky, but once you get used to stabilizing with the space bar it becomes rather enjoyable. It gets you to concentrate and to not be too hasty, I like that.

However it is a little short but you did mention that you planned to add more levels. I would suggest more obstacle blocks (e.g a block that you bounce off when collided with) and more themes. the whole red block with blue backgrounds can get a little dull after a while. also some change in music for the themes would be nice.

Like I said not bad!

Wow this was better than expected! I mean the concept and idea are just so simple yet so different! I also couldn't help laugh at the whole school following me around saying 'sup' 'hey' 'sup'.

68 Audio Reviews

Wow this is fantastic! You NEED to adapt to this style more often, I'd love to see what else you can do with these techniques! Even for an experimental track, this sounds like it would be perfect for some dark castle boss fight. :D

My only issue would probably be repetition. It's like you've gone DeadMau5 style and used the same melodic elements throughout, but kept it alive with the shift in instruments and modulation. However, that's not really a bad thing, I like DeadMau5. I would like to see you try more stuff like this but with more melodic action :D. Maybe some violin fills here and there or perhaps a synth lead solo, anything!

Great work!

AeronMusic responds:

Thank you very much Dutton! It's quite hard for me to stay with one style. Every song I create is different.
Also, I know it's quite repetitive. As I mentioned below, I didn't want to change more.
I shall indeed try to make tracks like this with more melodic action! Hope I will have the time for it.

Thanks again for checking this out! :D

Maaaaaaan I envy that skill! I wish I could play like this. My guitar ability goes as far as 4/4 power chords. xD

The production quality is top notch as well, you really know what you're doing. Honestly, I'm a little intimidated :P. Well done!

JDawg00100 responds:

Haha thanks! I actually don't feel like I know what I'm doing half the time with my music. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing to be honest XD. Thanks for the listen and good luck in the NGADM :D

Dayum dude! this is fantastic!

It's so happy and dreamy and really well produced. I'm very impressed with the how smooth the modulation is as well, there's a tonne of movement and it's all blended so well together.

I'm loving the chord progressions too! It's a style of synthpop I've wanted to do for so long but still haven't managed.

You are seriously under rated, keep up the great work!

DreamForecast responds:

Wow, thanks a bunch! Really glad that you liked it. : D

9 Art Reviews

Aw man, I am in LOVE with your style! Keep it up!

Awww hell yes!

Dem colours!
Dat smile!
Dat Style!
Dat Kawaii!

5/5
Favorited.

Great job!

oooo I really like this one :D A really creepy concept with bright candy colours. I'd like to see more stylish monsters like this! Keep it up

Hey there! I make annoying sounds of the musical variety. So if you like that stuff then you're in for a treat! Also, tell you friends I said Hi!

26, Male